Honesty, commitment and RELIABILITY
NC Association of Hearing care Professionals
Quality Inn Hotel - 1200 Benvenue Road Rocky Mount NC 27804 252-972-9400
Please confirm dates you would like to attend in message box.
NOTICE OF NEXT STATE EXAM:
August 4 -5, 2017
Class Starts 9am to 5 pm or
ends when finished
Listed with Topics
NCAHCP APPRENTICE EDUCATION COURSE Will be held at
Please register on line to the right of this page. Provide Name, email, Subject and in message box please include contact phone number, address and dates you would like to attend course.
A letter from your sponsor will be required on letterhead, containing the following:
* Name of apprentice attending courses
* Certificate number for apprentice
* Sponsors Name & State License Number
* Statement on letter stating Sponsor understands course will be direct supervision for required hours, and sponsor is aware this is a prep course for State Exam and doesn't guarantee passing. We provide hands on teaching along with hand outs and take home test.
Each class is $80 per day for members
$90 per day for non-members.
Apprentice memberships are $25. Send Apprentice membership with $25.00 and only pay $80.00 per day
Once you have registered online you should receive a confirmation within two weeks that your registration was received. If you have not received confirmation, please contact Victoria Brattain at 252-813-9648.
Mail your payment to:
1356 Benvenue Road
Rocky Mount NC 27804
Payment and forms can be hand delivered.
Registration must be done online prior to course.
Topics to Be Discussed: Dates through 2017
Date : June 9th , June 23rd & Sept 8th
- Part A- 1st Day Human Auditory tract and simple hearing tests, Science of sound and its measurements.
- Audiometric testing/Masking techniques. Audiometer; Pure tone, bone, bracketing, plateau, and tympanometry. Preparing to use simulator for NCHALB exam,
- Speech Audiometry; SRT Practicum; Most Comfortable/Uncomfortable. Loudness; Word Recognition and acoustic options
Date: June 10th, June 24th & Sept 9th
- Part B – 2nd Day Anatomy of the ear, earmold impression practicum and acoustic options, principles of post fitting and rehabilitation, Sandlin Earmold, Acoustics and technology. Please bring impression materials that you use in your office to make custom ear impression.
This is a hands on approach and will require these materials.
Date: July 7th & Oct. 6th
- Part C – 3rd Day - Laws and regulations
Date: July 8th & Oct. 7th
- Part D - 4th Day - Compression, Microphone and digital - Hearing Aid measurement; hearing aid amplification, real ear measurements - Fitting formulas and hearing aid selection. Preview testing principles of post fitting and rehabilitation.
All Courses will be held from 9 am to 5 pm
When calling for directions or need assistance with location and there is no answer for location,
please call 252-813-9648 and Victoria will be happy to assist you.
Local Hotel Special Rates When Courses are Held in Rocky Mount.
Please mention you are with the NC Association of Hearing Care Professionals training course.
1200 Benvenue Road
Rocky Mount NC 27804
Single -with Frig and Microwave
60.00 Plus Tax
Double or King - with Frig and Microwave
60.00 Plus Tax
If you have any problems regarding room rate at time of reservation please
ask for Manager Rusty or Assist Heather.
Materials for Course
(You are required to bring the course materials with you to class.)
Along with a three ring binder for each class.
Recommended Readings - Materials required by the NC State Board
Books (all books are available on the www.ihsinfo.org website)
“Distance Learning for Professionals in Hearing Health Sciences”, 4th ed.
“Masking: Practical Applications of Masking Principles and Procedures”
“Hearing Instrument Science and Fitting Practices”
"Digital Signal Processing for Hearing Aids" by David A. Preeves
“Outcome Measures and Troubleshooting” by Julie Purdy and Chester Pirzanski
"Altering Behaviors: A Powerful Approach to Aural Rehabilitations"
"Introduction to the Auditory System" edited by Phyllis Wilson
Please download Microsonic manual online for ear molds and impression taking.
The following information can be downloaded from www.nchalb.org (No charge)
FDA Regulation 21 CFR 801, Subparts 801.420 & 801.421
FTC Regulation 16 CFR 429.0 and 429.1
Title 21 NC Administrative Code Chapter 22
Chapter 93 D
NC State Hearing Aid Dealers and Fitters Board Continuing Education Policy & Forms
State Rules and Regulations have recently changed, Effective immediately.
Posted on NCHALB.ORG